 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16605
Re: TTT - R22 - ball board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:24:55 GMT

On 8/10/06, Chris Magno wrote:
Vitali Furman wrote:

I like this arrangement, I think the small field will allow for many to have
different ideas rather then the X Y axis movement which will occur if the pieces
are bigger.

The fact the you marbles have to start in the solid line areas is pretty
interesting too and the fact that you can collect it in any means you want.

I think this field should make for a fun game.

Vitali

I agree with Vitali on this.

its "simple" as a T3 game, yet, by allowing the balls/marbles (1) to
start off to the side, opens up many different ways to play your ball.

I was thinking more "required" rather than allowed.  It is relatively
simple if you can pre-load the bits into a hopper on your bot.  It is
most difficult if the bits are randomly scattered in the start area.
I was looking to allow a variety of options, not even restricting a
hopper or magazine that could just get picked up by your bot, or a
stand alone dispenser, or a rake arm that pulls them all into to your
bot at the start...

My idea was to 1) keep it flexible enough so anyone could compete, and
2) allow for the "wow" factor of people coming up with the coolest way
of doing this :)

-Rob A>