 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16015
Re: I should update my knowledge base sometime...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 02:48:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

<sip>

Okay, upon checking today... it seems to be up and working again, but I am not
sure why you moved... was running your own server taking to much time??? Because
for me, your pages loaded quicker when you were on your own server.  Glad to see
Sandy/Sparky's Place up and running again, tho.

Janey "Red Brick"

The server hasn't moved at all--well, maybe it shifted a little on the floor
when I removed the cable modem and installed the ADSL...

What has changed is the actual internet connection to the house.  It was cable
and now it's sympatico.

I believe the cable was faster for the website, but the DSL appears to be
quicker for the other pc's connectedd to the internet.

As well, the cable company was charging us an outrageious 80 bucks per month,
and sympatico is charging us 33 bucks (and that's after their 20 buck 6 month
signing thingy...)

So with cost savings in mind, we jumped ship...

now we cancel the cable ad save a ton of dough..

Dave K