 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16009
Re: I should update my knowledge base sometime...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:11:32 GMT

<snip>

To make your DNS name stick, you'll have to figure out how to get one of those
dynamic DNS services map your DNS name to dynamic external IP address assigned
by Bell.  Some of the routers (including my Linksys WRT54G) automagically can
send their current IP address assigned over PPPoE and pass it to DynDNS or
similar service.

Calum

Whilst following Calum's crystal clear instructions, I set up our little website
thru the Sympatico DSL thru the Linksys router to the webserver

It's up and running, thoug h it appears a little slower than thru cable.

I'll look into that

http://sandysparky.net

have a boo and let me know what you think!

Dave K