 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15289
    Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Chris Magno
    Calum, I would be willing to concede the point of not allowing the beacon light to be always on, if, you would be willing to accept a robot, who did not ever turn on the light. My thinking is this: Your argument was based on the idea that a robot (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Calum Tsang
   (...) Sure. (...) I look forward to the end of these stupid "Talking Point" subject lines. Calum (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Chris Magno
   (...) Excelent. I look forward to the web page update. Thank you. (...) This is a valid stratagy. I hope I didnt not leave you or any of the group or readers with the idea that the beacon light idea had to be an either or. In fact, a good builder (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Calum Tsang
   (...) Right, but why not demand a switched light as per the current rules, and then it's up to you to do whatever you want in addition? (...) The Square Brackets exist so people don't get confused with when the events are scheduled. There was a (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Derek Raycraft
   (...) Hey, I have a lot more to say, but I've been one, busy, and two, very sick. I don't think the discussion needs to be instantaneous, this is a message board, not a phone call. If you want to end discussion, then set a date for it, don't just (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Calum Tsang
   (...) It's not you, it's the rest of these folks: Where's all the proponents of this game Chris so triumphantly paraded like contestants in a beauty pageant? DaveK? JohnG? Iain? Or are they all just happy to accept? I'd like to freeze the ruleset by (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Chris Magno
     (...) Im going to take a guess that people dont like to see "mom and dad" fighting (1) and are willing to accept whatever you and I decide on. Chris 1. you can be the mom (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —David Koudys
   (...) Far be it for me to disagree, but here's the thing... If it were me, I'd make the note that we're being a little too finicky on these rulesets. rtl competition rules were always framed to allow maximum freedom for what you wanted to build, (...) (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Erm, why would you need another output port for the light? I'm no robot builder, but I think I see how to do a light without using another output port. (even if you use a 2 motor or differential drive) I might be missing something of course. (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Ross Crawford
   (...) (URL) light will be powered only when the robot is stopped." ROSCO (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Not saying it won't take more motors or that it won't be highly inefficient compared to direct motor control, just that it's doable. (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)