 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15300
Re: Talking point: beacon light on or off while robot in motion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:28:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Besides adding rules where no rules are needed or warranted, you're makoing me
use up a very valuable motor port!  I can see me doing this competition with 1
RCX--2 motor outputs for movement and one output for the block moving.

Adding this rule makes it 4 outputs.  But that's just me.

Erm, why would you need another output port for the light? I'm no robot builder
but I think I see how to do a light without using another output port. (even if
you use a 2 motor or differential drive)

I might be missing something of course.

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-rtl20/

"The light will be powered only when the robot is stopped."

Not saying it won't take more motors or that it won't be highly inefficient
compared to direct motor control, just that it's doable.