 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14724
  Re: Mating Game - moc up

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) Chris wants to score... ;) Well, if we go in the direction of an orifice--therefore your 'bot can only mate with another 'bot from one direction (I can't see how else it cam be done), then (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) Geese -- that's what I said way back! (...) How to find a moving target?? (...) Pretty unlikely to work. It extremely difficult just to get a coordinated hand off when one knows it is delivering and one knows it is receiving/ (...) Scoring (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) you can STILL build a multi sided input bot. or just 2 whiskers...or some creative thinking, and you SHOULD be able to find the hole. (...) see, thats were the game allows for you do make it as EASY as possible to find a mate. make your HITW (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) I thought the whole concept stemmed from the of a "cooperative" game. Without inter-bot communication, the cooperative idea is kind of lost. (...) going on.... (...) I get the mental image of a group of dogs all trying to sniff each other. It (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) I have ideas, but when you have two 'bots not facing one another, it's next to impossible for them to face each other unless there's communication between the 'bots--I mean, I can get my 'bot facing the other 'bot relatively easy, but if (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, rob.antonishen@gmail.com wrote: <snip> (...) A circumference of bumpers around the perimeter--that should be easy for Chris who has the cybermaster touch switches to differentiate on one port which bumper was pressed (I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) Step back and try and sudo code something like that between two robots you control. Then consider there will we 8 or more other robots coded by different people running at the same time. Then consider the limited sensory input you have. Then (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) Though it would make sense that (assuming most bots don't have an omni-drive) if you get bumped , it would be by the front of another bot... so the question is, on what face is your depositor and on what face is your receiver? If they are both (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) i was thinking more that the HITW input is defined as BOTH the hole size and location, AND how many bricks are to surround it. meaning your HITW is ~ALSO~ 4 bricks and studs of solid brick around the hole. NOW, to find a mates hole you need 2 (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) DUH!!! DAVE!!! Rob S has shown an ALL LEGO way to do the same thing, by stacking lights on the switchs. AND you can have as many RCXen as you want and 3 inputs with 3 regular sensors would give you 3 sides with ONE rcx. your a smart guy. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) YES!!! now we are getting somewhere. this is a bit of DUMB luck, AND smart building. 10 random bots, moving at VARIOUS speeds, will be a hoot to watch. since when are these games about "winning" i mean if you want a PRIZE for winning, then (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Mating Game - moc up

(...) wow, its like this game is mimicking REAL LIFE. shrug who new. your bot can have a rotating EOAT. that might solve some of your messy bits. Chris (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)