 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12586
Re: Anyone want a spaceship design?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:08:19 GMT

We've done RCX on the train, RCX controlling all track
via DCC, RCX on the layout (cows, cranes, etc) and I
think Derek even brought an RCX powered gutter
train once...

   I was actually thinking of a automated crane on a train car that can read
barcodes placed beside the track and load and unload crates from cars ahead and
behind it at different stops, based on these barcode commands. So the train will
have to be able to sense the barcodes (these may change from circuit to circuit
around the layout) and control its own motion, then work the crane.
   Believe it or not, I have an application for this... but I'm not into trains,
so I just leave the above as a suggestion to others, far more capable than
myself <sound of gauntlet hitting frozen tundra>...

--
Brian Davis