 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12473
Re: Block STACKING - feb 2005?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 05:54:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik wrote:
Yes, I entered. I have been working on a non-lego firefighting robot on and off
for the better part of a year. (I showed it to Iain in the spring) I used the
oopic microprocessor which is quite easy to use. It made the transition from
nice, prepackaged Lego electronics to raw, solder it yourself electronics
simpler. I have 11 sensors on the robot with room for lots more.
But, the oopic has a lot of quirks that make it a pain to use sometimes. I would
take the RCX over the oopic anyday, if only I could hook up more sensors. I
really wish the RCX had a serial bus.

Serial?  I guess the IR port is a serial port of sorts, but by serial I presume
you mean by serial port like an SPI interface to link up extra devices, right?

Calum