 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12463
Re: Block STACKING - feb 2005?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:09:18 GMT

Well if you guys don't speak up...

Its true, the robot guys have been pretty uninspired lately.

I saw him a couple weekends ago at the science centre for the firefighting robot
competition. He did quite well, and would have beat my non-Lego robot had his
last run not failed.

You entered as well?

Yes, I entered. I have been working on a non-lego firefighting robot on and off
for the better part of a year. (I showed it to Iain in the spring) I used the
oopic microprocessor which is quite easy to use. It made the transition from
nice, prepackaged Lego electronics to raw, solder it yourself electronics
simpler. I have 11 sensors on the robot with room for lots more.
But, the oopic has a lot of quirks that make it a pain to use sometimes. I would
take the RCX over the oopic anyday, if only I could hook up more sensors. I
really wish the RCX had a serial bus.

Rob