 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12166
Re: iMac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:05:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

As I noted in <http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=2362> some of the
software Lego has outsourced was to a company called Qube, using
a cross platform "Q Engine" that runs on Windows, Linux, X-Box and
PS2 platforms.  Check out the old post for the links.  Pretty cool
stuff for cross platform highly graphical stuff...
and how far could OSX be down the line if they run on Linux?

When you factor in the display is not OpenGL or X but instead, Display
Postscript...far.

Sorry to butt in on a .org post (part of this thread crossed over into
.geek and thus caught my attention) but that sounds like a bunch of FUD.
If you look at the green layer in this article it clearly shows opengl
alongside quartz and quicktime.

  http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~rsg/apple/what-is-OSX.php

And I believe X has been added recently as well.

Have fun,

Don