 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12137
Re: iMac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:00:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dan Boger wrote:
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:41:07PM +0000, Calum Tsang wrote:
Just don't complain to me you're not supported like those other Lugnet
weirdos. The only whiners I hate more than Mac users are Linux users.

But only while whining, right?  right?!?

That's right--whining about stuff like:

-Lack of hardware support. Stuff like: Dear nVidia and ATI.  Please release all
of your hard earned IP that cost you millions to develop over to us so we can
write drivers for our niche operating system.  We promise to buy at least seven
video cards at Fry's if you do.  And you can put a cool pengiun on your box
artwork!  Otherwise we'll never buy a GeForce or Radeon again and make fun of
you on IRC channels behind your back!  Be scared!

-How IBM/Novell/etc has co-opted them for enterprise systems. (Right after years
of complaining IBM/Novell/etc didn't care about Linux)

-Why no one pays them for their hard work, which they've declared to be free.
(Oh, that guy who did the LRP distro is a real whiner)

-Why no one writes real desktop applications beyond what a typical college CS
nerd needs.  But everyone wants to make cool Matrix themed desktop managers and
MP3 players.  See previous whine as to why no one writes real desktop
applications.

Calum
PS-For fun, I wore my Caldera shirt the other day.