 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12162
Re: iMac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:46:50 GMT

Mindstorms like devices (which need USB)  They haven't been serial for a
couple of years.  Next generation release of Mindstorms, I'd like to see
Mac support.

-Games like Lego Island (which need DX or some sort of graphics engine)

Some of these games could easily be cross platform, some not.

As I noted in <http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=2362> some of the software Lego
has outsourced was to a company called Qube, using a cross platform "Q Engine"
that runs on Windows, Linux, X-Box and PS2 platforms.  Check out the old post
for the links.  Pretty cool stuff for cross platform highly graphical stuff...
and how far could OSX be down the line if they run on Linux?

-Rob A>