 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11873
Re: Can you believe...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:09:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
Ok, I know Janey is waiting for this e-mail.

Yes, I was, and with anticipation.

Over the weekend, at Brickfest, I had the pleasure of meeting Janey "Red Brick"
Cook.  She seems very nice, except she had this un-natural fear of robots.  I
guess before this weekend, she had managed to avoid robots, except that one time
when she touched an RCX.

And I had the pleasure of meeting Steve and his wonderful wife who both seem to
be at peace with the almost living beasts they build and control.  I found that
unsettling yet somewhat interesting.

Well, at the sumo event on Saturday, I had an extra robot, and she was just
sitting there, waiting for something to happen, so I took the opportunity to
give her a shot at running a robot.

With much hesitation and earth shattering fear, I may add.

As it turns out, I think the robot performed beyond it's potential, thanks to
her masterful ability to aim the robot and push the run button.

Well when you have the "MASTERS" creation in your hands something else takes
over.  I have never turn on an on button with so much care in my entire life.
The awesome responsibility was almost overwhelming. Then something magic
happened, I felt one with creation.  In fact, I am suffering deep emotional
separation anxiety being away from my darling "CHIP".

While I'm not exactly sure if I've created a monster, I think maybe you guys
should watch out at the next event...

Well in all honestly, I was a monster before I got there, but you sure did open
my eyes to the world of "MOCs that move".  I had a great time, and it's one of
my favourite BF moments.  Thanks so much Steve, and btw, when I'm panicking just
before the first Robotic contest I enter... ask yourself (when the emails of
millions of questions start pouring in from me).... just who is to blame????  I
once was happy with stagnant motionless dormant MOCs, now the urge to get them
moving is darn near irresistible.

I feel the pull to the darn side.

Janey "Red Brick"