 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11758
Re: Obscure question about Milton, Ontario
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:27:06 GMT

Well I did it.  I hiked the trail on the weekend.  13 something km.
Wow, that's a long hike, at least for me.  I'm really feeling it today.

Excellent Derek, glad you ended up finding that bridge.

The bridge is cool, although you get to it at about the 3/4 point of the
hike so I was really tired at that point.  Didn't get as excited by the
whole thing as I would have if I was fresh.  From the bridge and a near
by lookout you can get a very good view of the quarry.  It would be
interesting to be there on a week day to see the quarry in use.  It's an
enormous quarry.  The building, which I assume is used for rock
crushing, is just massive.

Cool, did you take any pics?

In future I would recommend doing the trail the other direction, but it
means starting out with a long walk along the side of a relatively busy
road.  Not a very exciting way to start out.  Plus you have to be more
alert about when to cut off onto the side trail.  The way I went I
always came to a trail change at a T.  This meant I always knew when to
go a different direction.  If you went the other way you could easily
miss a turn off and end up in Tobermory before you realized your error. :-)

BTW if anyone does end up missing that turn, and you end up heading to
Tobermory..... I'm sure you will be thirsty, so drop by my deck for a cold brew.

Janey "Red Brick"