 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11678
11677  |  11679
Subject:
Obscure question about Milton, Ontario
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:41:42 GMT

:-/

I'm reluctant to post this, because I know I've posted a fair chunk of
already off-topic stuff in the past.  But this one is really driving me
nuts, and I know there are several of us on here who are a) outdoorsie
types, b) not from Toronto, c) travel the 401 with some regularity.

Every time I head to or from Toronto, I have to pass through Milton since I
live in Kitchener-Waterloo.  About halfway between exit 312 and 320, you
pass Kelso/Glen Eden ski area, which will come up on the right if you're
heading East.  If you look to your left about the same time, you'll see a
long ridge in the distance, maybe about 3-5 km away.  That ridge breaks at
one point, into what looks like a valley.  At that point, there is this
long, steel laticework type structure spaning the two faces and a huge,
massive, structure is on the left side, built into the mountain side.

Well, last night I was driving home and it was still light about (around
18h), and I decided that since I was in no hurry, I would try and find this.
My hope was, that this was some kind of really nice public bridge on a
hiking path or something that would offer a spectacular view.  I pulled out
my map, and started driving around...  At one point when I looked over I saw
3 people walk across it, which made me flip out because that meant I could
somehow get up there and go across it, maybe.

I took every side road I could, every dirt road, and after an hour and a
half the closest I could get was down this long, dead-end dirt road that
ended at a huge open mining pit . WAaaaaaay off in the distance,  I thought
I could see *some* kind of large, multi-level open structure.  But it could
have been something related to the mining pit.

My frustration is I can't see ANY way of geting to that huge thing up on the
cliff faces, because I went down every road I could find and none of them
went long enough to get within a kilometre of it.  This is driving me nuts!
It has been for several years, and I'm seeking out any way I can find to get
an answer to this - hence my post.

To keep it on topic, I'm rather excited about this new red technic truck set
that has the recycle truck tyres, and a pneumatic crane in the back.  Looks
mint.

    Iain