 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11725
Re: Gauging interest in The Hobby Show 2004 - Toronto, ON
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:28:53 GMT

In lugnet.events, Allan Bedford wrote:
The Hobby Show in Toronto is just about 6 months away.  This post is intended to
gauge the level of interest that people have in putting on a booth at this
year's show.

I was contacted by the show organizers who are asking whether or not we will be
attending the show this year to put on the LEGO booth again.  At this point,
based on the feedback to this thread from two months ago, and from a message
sent to the mailing list I'm really not sure what to tell them.

So, I thought I'd try again to drum up some interest in this event.  For those
who might be unfamiliar with it let me quickly review the highlights:

- This is a disply only event for adult LEGO builders (i.e. there is no
competition)

- The booth would be part of The Hobby Show at the International Center in
Toronto in November 2004.  Last year, as it does most years, the show drew about
25,000 visitors to see displays and demonstrations of various hobbies.  See link
below to The Hobby Show site.

http://www.thehobbyshow.com

- The Can-Brick Builders (as our group was known) won the award for Best Club
Booth, beating out other clubs who have been attending for many years.  See link
below to the Can-Brick website.

http://www.apotome.com/hobbyshow/index.html

- We had a good time last year!  This is probably the most important thing to
remember.  This was one of the largest displays/gathering of LEGO builders in
this part of the country.  We had a wide range of models that came from an
equally diverse group of builders.  And for three days we got the chance to chat
about LEGO.  Did I mention that entrance to the show is free for anyone who
attends, and that there are no other costs associated with displaying your
models?  See link below to the full report about last year's booth.

http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=1026

So although the show is still 4 months away, that time will pass quickly.  I
hope that if you're interested in attending this year that you could either

hobbyshow@apotome.com

And let me know.  Those few people who have already replied to the original
thread or emailed me don't need to do so again, I have gathered your names
already.  Thank you for your earlier responses.

As well, feel free to use this thread to discuss this event, ask questions about
this year or last year, or even to suggest an alternative to this event if The
Hobby Show really doesn't interest you.

I look forward to any input you may have.

Best regards,
Allan B.

Follow-ups set to:  lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on