 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11713
Re: Fifteen years of instructions: Some comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:41:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

You're babbling. You presumably know the email of whoever this is, mail them
about it and say what you're trying to say.

You.

Why didn't you say so in the first place, via mail, instead of being snide and
coy?

Stop spamming me.  I got a mass-mail to sign up to some page that
apraently you're a member of.  The letter itself even indicated you'd sent it to
most of the people in your contact list.

No it didn't, not the part *I* wrote. I have about 2000 people in my address
book, as it happens, and I sent it to about 30 of them this time (10 of whom
already accepted). That's hardly "most" or "all" (what you said before) of my
contact list.

I apologise to you, Iain, for inviting you to join something that I thought
might be useful to you... because I thought you a good enough friend or a good
enough technical contact (you work in an interesting industry) to warrant
joining it. As it happens, I've already done business with it to good effect.
It's not Orkut, you know, it's much more serious than that. no hookups, no
making friends or sharing scrapbooks, it's just about business contacts.

I am concerned about address retention too, and I looked at their privacy policy
carefully before I sent the first invite, so your concern is understandable but
I made a considered judgement that it wasn't a risk.

But, I'm sorry. I was wrong, you're not good enough friends or not serious
enough about business for it to have been a good invitation in your case, and I
erred to send it.

I apologise to everyone else for wasting bandwidth on something that Iain should
have handled in email in the first place. If you have an issue with that, take
it up with Iain.