 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11566
Re: Is Black Hair Brunette?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:15:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
Before this turns out to be a colour war, there are great titles for those
that don't fall under brunette, but are much too dark to be considered
blonde.  My favourite, being auburn (Lego's dark orange), which is a light
brown with red highlights.

I don't think I've ever met a person who willingly claimed to have auburn hair.
In my experience, females tend to claim straight "redhead" if they have the
slightest reddish tint (except strawberry-blondes), and men seem to only
acknowledge any degree of redness when they have undeniably orange hair.

How people describe themselves as opposed to how they are described are 2
different things ;^)
I have heard people say that a woman has auburn hair, but I can't remember
anyone claiming it for themselves either. Maybe I need to do a poll !

Redheads are really orangeheads after all  :^o

The only true redheads are the inner-city artsy dyed ones.

In the past in Australia male redheads were often nicknamed 'bluey'.

pete.w (head not red or orange or blue)