 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11443
Re: Metroliner (10001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 11:59:23 GMT

NO, the metroliner is a ~BAD~ set.

STAY AWAY from all train stuff like the plague!!!!

you'd be better off spending your hard earned $$ on a set that will ~DO~
something.

oh sure, others will tell you that a motorized layout can do(?) something.
but really; What is it doing??

I'll answer that, going Around, and around, and around, and ...... you get the
idea.

yet more train freaks will tell you that "Chris is a well rounded nice guy,
but wrong."

they will also add that the trains do more then go around, they go back, and
forth, and ......

and.........

oh under the bridge, and over the bridge, and in the tunnel, and out the
tunnel.

Rob, I think you get the idea.  trains is a lego dead end.

if you've got this $$ burning a whole in your pocket, buy more mindstorms.
get motors, get RCXen, get beams, and gears.

find me a train head that can deny the infinite flexibility of a good RIS
kit.  make a robot, (which can become and DO anything(1))  make a vehicle,
make your OWN train if that's what you want.  but you'd be hard pressed to
make a connect four robot with JUST a train set.

that's how I see it.

Rob Antonishen wrote:

Is the Metroliner set a good one as a first train set?  It says it has no
regulator...what does it come with then?  How does it run?

Alternatively, is there a better suggestion for a first train set ($ are a
factor here...)

Thanks,

-Rob A>

Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.

(1) www.rtltoronto.org   to see a TON of robot type examples