 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10563
  Matter of time...

I have a couple timing/handoff questions. First, when does a player's time start? Is it when the other robot/arbitrator presses the EOT button, or when they release it? Also, if a robot misses the EOT signal, will they lose right then, or will (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Matter of time...

on a related time note.... I was just reminded of the rules that says that not only are you limited to 3 min a turn. BUT the entire game is 40 min long!!! UGN!! that means that if i want to ply for every turn to the max of 3 min, then that only (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Matter of time...

(...) I say at the press..... if only to avoid the BS of having a robot continue to press it. (at this point, aren't we really just dealing with milliseconds?) (...) yes you can manually send a signal to your robot..... and sometime when my block (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Matter of time...

(...) I have to ask this question, again, because I don't think it was really answered last time. Is the 3 minute limit a hard limit (you go over, you lose) or is it just recommended (like the rules say) so, if you go over it, people start to point (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Matter of time...

(...) the rule seems to suggest a soft 3 min. -------snip rule---...--- it is recommended that the robot must complete a single move in a maximum of three minutes. ---...--- which is a piss off cause ~!! I !!~ want to see a HARD 3 min. (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Matter of time...

(...) Why does it matter so much? What's your underlying concern? (...) I'm glad you like it. What's on the board for rtl16 will be even more fun. Calum (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Matter of time...

Steve Hassenplug wrote: > First, when does a player's time start? Is it when the other > robot/arbitrator presses the EOT button, or when they > release it? Regardless of what Chris says, this is how the Arbitrator works: The Arbitrator only listens (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  problem wirh downloading demo program

Hi, I tried to download the hello-world demo-program after downloading legos for the first time. It failed with the message "delete program failed". What program should be deleted, there is none! Anne (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Matter of time...

(...) From the Arbitrator's point of view, it tracks the how long each turn takes, but takes no actions based on that time. So we must watch turn time manually. Personally, if you go over the three minutes by a few seconds, I don't have a problem (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Matter of time...

(...) yep, sometimes its good to be the "leader" then their is rtlToronto. (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Matter of time...

(...) :-) Derek (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: problem wirh downloading demo program

(...) This error indicate that the program don't download succefully the program ... turn on RCX ;-) or see if you can acess to the right COM name or sotmething like that nanobapt (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem wirh downloading demo program

The program "dll" attempts to delete the program in the slot on the RCX that the new program will be placed. It does this every time, because, it doesn't know if a program is there or not (better safe than sorry). The fact that you are getting this (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)