 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10008
Re: Woohoo!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:58:16 GMT

Is amazing when life comes down to this--

I just received confirmation that Firefly--the Complete Series on DVD will be
shipped to me around Christmas time.

Come to Papa!!

I got all excited and the like!

Wow.  How sad and pathetic my life has become--gettin' all excited over a
cancelled television series!

Waittaminit!  Star Trek, Sports Night, Firefly... Boy, do I know how to bet on
the wrong horse!

Anyway, Calum, if ya wanna wait for the DVD's, that's fine, or I'll bring my
burned copies (and subsequently far less quality) of the 3 eps next Friday.

Dave K

In my opinion, Firefly was one of those rare beacons of light that made you
believe good scifi could still be made.

I always made sure I was home for that show. I really thought it had a future.
Oh well, those damn studio execs would not know a good scifi show if it bit them
in the rear.

Rest easy though, a theatrical movie is in the works. In a recent interview on
Scifi.com, Joss Whedon said he refused to let Firefly die a premature death.

I agree with you about Star Trek. I have been dissapointed in almost every new
series that has come and gone with the exception of TNG. It had some bright
moments.

I am picking up my copy of Firefly from Media Play on Tuesday, with the same
amount of enthusiasm as you. I can hardly wait.

Oh yeah, don't forget about the new Battlestar Galactica. It premiers here in
USA on the Scifi channel on Monday December 8 at 9PM. Yes, I will give it a
chance.

Steven Weiser