 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10013
Re: Woohoo!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:27:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steven D. Weiser wrote:

<snip>

Oh yeah, don't forget about the new Battlestar Galactica. It premiers here in
USA on the Scifi channel on Monday December 8 at 9PM. Yes, I will give it a
chance.

Steven Weiser

BG is what got me into my teen years--that and Erin Grey ;)

For '79 and Glen A. Larson, it was a very good show.  It didn't fall into Star
Trek traps like body posessions every other ep, and inconsistent time travels,
and one week the sensors can detect the differnces between vulcans and humans,
and the next ep can't detect the difference between a person and a bacteria...

But I digress...

More than that, I have basic cable up here in Canada--maybe I'll look into
getting the Space channel--that is, if they carry the new BG :)

Dave K

Yummmmmmmm, Erin Grey.

I loved the original BSG. I also have that complete series on DVD. A little
known fact is that the original theatrical release was never played here in the
states back in 1978. I went to Windsor to see it. I was 16 years old at the
time. I forget the name of the theater. Here in the sates it was chopped up into
3 seperate pilot episodes for TV.

The Scifi channel just ran an hour long behind the scenes preview last
Wednesday. It really does look like it could be a .........

Hold on! I think I'll reserve judgement until I actually watch it.

Steven Weiser