 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10026
Re: Woohoo!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:50:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steven D. Weiser wrote:

<snip>

BTW, there is more B5 coming down the pike. That info comes from Scifi.com also,
in an interview with JMS.

Steven Weiser

JMS has that new show with Matt Perry and MJW (from Cosby Show)--Jerimiah or
something--saw half an ep. the other night--looks interesting...

I think that B5 is a time that'll never happen again--jms on newsgroups--instant
access to the shows creator per episode, giving all us 'lurkers' the inside
scoop and all that...

Hyperion :)

Oh that was a good time.  Not that I still have 'Lurker's Guide' still
bookmarked and go back every so often for updates and refreshing my memory as I
watch the DVD's :)

'jms speaks' is still my fav. part for each ep. listing

Claudia!!  Well, nevermind--I don't care who was right and who was wrong--season
5 was okay but would have been spectacular with CC!

Enuf venting...

Dave K

As someone who loved B5 so much that I created over 1000 trivia questions for a
Dragoncon B5 Trivia and B5 Jeopardy contest, I can tell you I've got some really
cool memorabilia, and I've even had the honor of doing a project with one of the
actors (Wayne Alexander).  Imagine Babylon 5 and South Park jammed together and
spoofed... Then, take Crusade and Star Wars--jam it together, spoof it--in
claymation...(Captain Brochley is voiced by Kim Holly--who worked in costume
design in B5 and then was costume director for Crusade)

JMS took a look at Crusade Wars and called my friends and myself "horrible,
horrible people"...then said "just kidding, we liked it a lot!"

www.gwarbco.com

P.S. I designed and built the sets for Crusade Wars, and I'm voicing Zack...

As for Claudia...well, the truth is that Claudia quit the show, forcing JMS to
write six episodes in six days due to some deadlines posed by TNT for 5th
season--and he admits it was far from his best work.. So is Crusade--JMS admits
he was burnt out.

For some reason, I thought JMS wasn't doing Jeremiah anymore...I did hear that
he was doing some writing for Marvel doing "The Amazing Spider Man".

As for Firefly--well, to me it was ok, but I just had trouble getting into it.
Don't bash me, that's strictly my personal opinion...and I'm willing to give BG
a chance...must keep open eyes.  At the very least, wasn't it Bonnie Hammer
(president of Sci-Fi channel) that said "I don't like space shows, why should
they be on sci-fi?"

So, perhaps Sci-Fi president has realized you need space to do sci-fi...

Scott Lyttle
(who was prepared to rename Sci-fi channel as "The Stargate channel"...)