 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *5459 (-20)
  Lego at Dixie Value Mall

Hey guys. I was over at Dixie Value Mall (QEW and Dixie Road) and there's a new store called Toy Planet. It's only been open a few months but has never had Lego-just cheap crap. Anyways, the place looks like Bricks and Blocks, but is not related. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Fw: And you thought blockstacking was hard...

  Re: Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

I like this idea too. I thing it would be cool, especially if it can be automated in some way. I was thinking, instead of placing the docks on the inside of the loop how about placing them on the outside. If we moved the docks to the west side of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

Jeff, Looks brilliant. Have you thought about building docks/channels left-to-right? From the map, it looks like you're doing an "alongside" pier. Either is good; alongside gives you more space, but channels allow you to build cranes which span a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Jeff Van Winden" <jeff.vanwinden@emergis.com> wrote in message news:H3BBqn.36n@lugnet.com... (...) It would be a lot of fun to work together on something like that. (...) nest (...) Fa sheeze! Iain (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

(...) Sweet.... I ws kind of thinking along those line, (getting your help to design/build something that actually works!) (...) And hopefully get everyone to create some, so that we would have lots of excess containers to pile up. Jeff VW (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

(...) Jeff, if this goes ahead, I'd love to help out / design / build the cargo crane itself. I think that's something I could handle. I had one built and ready to go for train1, remember, that was destroyed in a spasm of passion. I wouldn't be good (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

Over the past while I have been rying to figure out what to do for train 4... After watching a show on crains on TLC I had a thought about building a Ship/Rail cargo area. I was thinking of having a large (working?) crane for unloading vessels, and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Boso View Express

Hi folks, I found a little gem of a game today called Boso View Express. It's a realistic 3D train driving simulator which lets you drive a Japanese DMU along a section of track in what appears to be rural Japan. If you've ever wanted to be a train (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A sad tale

(...) You know that episode of the Simpsons where Homer screams in agony because someone burns a donut? (URL) how I feel. I did however find a small Adventurers set which is at Winners with two of those slopes. I ended up buying a few of them for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A sad tale

While in line for Shiva's Fury at Canada's Wonderland on Saturday, I saw a red inverted 1x3 slope in the ride area. I didn't pick it up, but I thought about doing so. Iain (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Parts trading at next dinner....

(...) In case no one does trade or sell you one, you can always find a 9732 Extreme Creatures Expansion set, which is often discounted. Calum (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Parts trading at next dinner....

(...) Hey John, Somehow I acquired 3 of those Fibre Optic thingys. I'll bring one to next dinner for ya. I'll also bring my copy of the space shuttle. Take care Dave (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Parts trading at next dinner....

Hi guys I'm in the process of building the 8480 Space Shuttle out of my own parts, and I'm missing one not-so-critical assembly: the fiber optic lighting element and 8 strands. After the shuttle, I'll probably use them to simulate a distributor and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Walmart Clearance Deals...

I saw something that really caught my eye today at Walmart. I seen a whole bunch of the Dino Adventure Line-up sets (especially the large Dino Research Lab) and also lots of copies of Bulls Attack (Knights Kingdom). I know Adventure sets aren't a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: YAHOOOOOO!!!

Posted to RTL Toronto because it applied to Canadian Lego Prices/Local Golden Horshoe Pricing. (...) Zounds!!! over 3000 pieces (making it the largest and most pieces set in Lego History) ... also the most expensive set (well highest MSRP) lego has (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  YAHOOOOOO!!!

(URL) Dec 6th! (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Sears wish book is out! (apparently a month ago in TO)

Just wanted to X-post this to loc.ca I received my Wish Book this week, and wanted to point out the Sopwith Camel for only $70 (mine cost nearly $100 when I ordered it from S@H last August, after shipping, tax and the currency exchange). I hadn't (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Visit to MDRobotics/SPAR

(...) They specifically pointed out they used VxWorks because of being able to program in C++. I've noticed a lot of their job ads etc stress object oriented programming experience. Apparently the older arms are done with much lower level (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 6 wide clearence in corners

A time and place have not been decided yet. At my current build rate I'm hoping for mid to late November. :-) Derek (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact