 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *4359 (-20)
  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) Okay, so I just got off the phone with Chris about this-what if we scratch the any starting position and make it that everyone has to start in the bottom right corner of their island (ie, an 18 inch corner) (...) Yeah, that's something I don't (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

Well, I'm bringing a Therm-A-Rest(tm) mattress this time. :P Maybe we could do three tables, and one flag on the middle table, with the robots starting on the other two? (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) So I can start the bot anywhere on my island, right? I think the potential issue would be if player A want to position his bot to block the bridge of the other bot, and player B does not want that. We are stuck if they can't agree. The game (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

(...) It's not impossible. One source of inspiration might be the Bridge Builders episode of Junkyard Wars: (URL) could be an unfolding device like a modern bridgelayer tank, or possibly just a platform with small lips that flip out and get you the (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

Does anyone have any ideas for robots that fit these guidelines? I had and idea for the 8 inch gap, 12 inch bot, and so did someone else I know, but I cant think of anything for these rules that doesnt require more than one RCX. Maybe I just need (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: An Unique Christmas Gift

(...) Having been in a "resource action" in January with IBM, I can emphasize with this. I didn't do much of anything for the first week. I do reccomend if you have any fun activities (LEGO or otherwise) coming up that you make it a priority to (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A cool site...

This site just came up on Slashdot, so it might be blown away by the time you get to visit it, but it's really quite cool: (URL) a RIM pager test rig on there that's kinda funny. And a great use for a flatbed scanner: Turn it into a digital camera: (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: An Unique Christmas Gift

(...) Thanks her for concern and her kind words, it's appreciated. I'm applying/interviewing for a few jobs in NT Brampton, specifically Product Management roles for the M1 product line. In a week or two I'll probably start looking externally. Draw (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: An Unique Christmas Gift

My mother says that Nortel is now a poorer place, and asks what you are doing now? Calum Tsang wrote: <snip because the server didnt like what calum said> (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  An Unique Christmas Gift

Hey folks, So I was packing up my cubicle the other day and down came the various items of Lego. First went the Supercar II, the 8466 4x4, the Miami Beach Patrol, the Search Sub. Then went the Nortel logo, the Lego M1 PBX models. The customized Lego (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted

Hi folks, Okay, they're up: (URL) with your comments, suggestions, and debate. Chris has decided on 12 inch gap, 12 inch bot, single RCX. Start building! Calum (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: sorry for not coming...

(...) Welcome to the world of Hotel roof accommodations in the great country to the south...more developed areas of the country, the higher the room rates. The other advantage of being a military member is the frequent military discount, also (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: sorry for not coming...

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GvLn93.H7A@lugnet.com... (...) I do not mind sleeping on the floor also! Iain (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: sorry for not coming...

(...) That’s an insane price… O.k. if I go I'm totally volunteering to sleep on the floor! (...) Oh, my bad! I forgot, Ben is Bilingual… He speaks both ‘Canadian’ & ‘American.’ Now I see… ;) (jus’ playin’) -R (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl12 Game Proposal

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GvLK61.Axs@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) At first, I thought "How stupid and boring." Then I thought it's really cool and entertaining for the people who come in. This almost sounds like (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl12 Game Proposal

Hi folks, So we're almost ready to go with rtl11 contest rules for CTF/Bridge but we were talking about rtl12 last night and the game proposed is: rtlToronto12: Vending Machines The game is you build your own vending machine which gives out (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: sorry for not coming...

(...) Accomodations aren't cheap; we managed to get it down to $75/night for three of us. But then again, perhaps your bunch will be up to my old conventioneering habits, which meant up to 19 people in a room. (...) As per inverse "Canadian Bacon," (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: sorry for not coming...

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GvKAsB.KGM@lugnet.com... (...) out (...) get (...) UH :) Iain PS - Psyclone was *SHATTERING*. I've never been so chilled out on a ride before. FLAWLESS. Thank you Mondial, thank you (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: sorry for not coming...

(...) . For real! Could someone please elaborate upon the Brick Fest discussion! I'm interested in going, but would like to know the arrangements concerning travel and accommodations. (Land Rover commercial: I don’t take up much space… I can make (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  sorry for not coming...

I really was feeling up to driving all the way to Toronto this evening. I hope the dinner went ok. As far as my plans for brickfest, that is a definite go at this point. Is there going to be a plans posted on this newsgroup as far as the overall (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact