 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4345
Re: rtl12 Game Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 17:53:53 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

Hi folks,

So we're almost ready to go with rtl11 contest rules for CTF/Bridge but we
were talking about rtl12 last night and the game proposed is:

rtlToronto12: Vending Machines

The game is you build your own vending machine which gives out
something-something can be candy, a can of pop, a sheet of stickers, an
OMRON proximity sensor, whatever.  The audience is invited to use your
vending machine, by putting in their money into your machine-you choose • the
price.  The machine then dispenses the product.

At the end of the day, all the proceeds (or at least beyond the $48 of
Library rental) go to a local charity.  The person with the most money in
their machine wins.

Obviously the game is designed to amuse the crowd (after a non crowd game
like rtl10: ProjectX) and has a little bit more of a game built into it.
Anyways, one to think about it.

At first, I thought "How stupid and boring." Then I thought it's really cool
and entertaining for the people who come in. This almost sounds like the
penny arcades you'd have in like, the 1700's. Where you'd put in your penny
or pence or penyfarthing and out comes a card from Wonda the Enchanged
Ceramic Witch of Death telling you that you've contracted the Mneumonic
Plague and you've got 16 seconds to live before your intestines
spontaneously combust and cause a shockwave that will kill everyone within 7
000 km. Or the little monkey that has cymbols and claps.

    Iain