 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4395
Re: rtl12 Game Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 11:41:11 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/psyclone/psyclone.html

Speaking of Cyclones, I'm annoyed because I missed a chance to ride THE
Cyclone.

Pttb, rotting wood. :)

I was in NYC today, arranged matters to swing by Astroland on Coney Island
and Cyclone was closed! It only runs on weekends till 1 June. So much for
adding a must have ride to my ride list. Sigh. I still have never ridden • it.
It's not that it is such a great ride necessarily, but it's the
historicality of it all.

I saw a show on TLC last night about bridge maintenence. They showed some of
the bridges in New York City. One of them had already began to buckle, and
they'd put wooden slats on the underside of the bridge so that the chunks of
concrete and rusted steel wouldn't fall on the pedestrian walkway below.
They had giant wood beams wedged under it to support it. I don't think I
trust *any* construction near that city after seeing that. :)

XFUT .off-topic.fun

Don't take this the wrong way, but that is geting really annyoing. I don't
read .off-topic.fun, and I think it's rude to push conversations that
originate here in this newsgroup off to other ones. Maybe it's just me, but
I'd rather talk about off-topic stuff with the people I see in real life on
a regular basis than people I've never met in my life. rtlToronto dinners
typically revolve 1/10 about lego, 9/10 about everything else in our lives
that we find hilarious or interesting to discuss at the moment.

    Iain