 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4348
Re: sorry for not coming...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 21:21:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel writes:
Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
Accommodations aren't cheap; we managed to get it down to $75/night
for three of us.   But then again, perhaps your bunch will be up to my
old conventioneering habits, which meant up to 19 people in a room.

That’s an insane price…
O.k. if I go I'm totally volunteering to sleep on the floor!

Welcome to the world of Hotel roof accommodations in the great country to
the south...more developed areas of the country, the higher the room rates.
The other advantage of being a military member is the frequent military
discount, also available on greyhound bus trips.

This might help us out...

Ben wrote:
Plus, as an added bonus, I can help get
past the customs officials if necessary.

Well, actually it isn't that hard clearing customs, as long as everyone's
honest, and has all the right documentation.  I've heard some stories about
bringing detailed lego mocs across the border (I think some members from
MichLUG have had some experieces, but I'm not quite sure.)

I forgot, Ben is Bilingual…
He speaks both ‘Canadian’ & ‘American.’

(et Canadien aussi) ;)

LFB wrote:
(You absolutely must come to BrickFest, it's the event beyond events!)