 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *3519 (-20)
  Re: 8466

(...) Thanks for the offer! If you could have a boo--see if the RIS 2.0 is still there, it would be appreciated. I'll be in town on Friday (for dinner, of course) then I'm going to a show. I'll have the money at Mel's on Friday, but if you can't (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) If we run the scoring like the block stacking 'bots--all competitions are considered separate and you just add up at the end of the day how many times your 'bot won. Whoever has the most wins during the day wins the event. Dave (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) So are we going to add up the scores, or just add the match point? With the first method one major botch up like lose wire can kick you out of the game. I am OK with either method. At the end of the do my bot need to move away from the grid? (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8466

In article <GqvDIw.Fu3@lugnet.com>, dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca says... (...) If you decide to go with a USB-to-serial adapter, be sure to buy one at a store that has a no hassle return policy. I remember reading on the Mindstorms website that the IR (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] train3 Photos online!

Hi folks, Photos from rtlToronto/train3 are now online! I spent the day sorting, commenting and previewing them while watching the West Wing first season episodes I downloaded. Enjoy! Have fun! (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events)

  [rtlToronto] February Monthly Dinner, Friday February 8th, 2002

Hi folks, rtlToronto February Monthly Dinner Friday, February 8th, 2002, 6pm Mel's Montreal Deli, 440 Bloor Street West (E of Bathurst) (URL) on out to the big rtlToronto Monthly Dinner, this Friday. Come and make cryptic boasts about your ProjectX, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

  OOPS I did it again

Well, something is odd. do you all remember this: (URL) I could take a second pic to show off the NEW broken joiner but why bother it looks like like the same thing. as a bit of background, the motor is driving a gear, that is riding on the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) truth be told it was during my experimenting with some VERY small pneumatic solenoids that came from here: (URL) was offered a sample so i was given 2 3vdc 3 Way 2 Position and as we all know to duplicate a lego pneumatic switch you need a 4 (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

G'Day True enough, never could find a 7x03 either, usually just dumped the output thru a couple or three diodes, or a light bulb until 3v came out. Cheers Oliver Also never discount a car headlight as a high wattage resistor in low voltage (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: forget worm to 24....

Your probably in VIEW mode... Click on the image, or page up/down to move between the steps.... Jeff VW "Trevyn Watson" <4tee2@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3C5A172F.905070...ers.com... (...) download the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) Well, we (Team xEmployees) managed to get our robot to complete a round today. It was all Mario's doing--the goal, as we've been saying all these months, is execution. And Mario executed real well! Anyways, I'm very impressed. (Mario, you can (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 8466

(...) Have you been to the Sears Clearance Center in Brampton??!!?? That place is such a mess I'd be amazed if they had any idea what they actually do have! I work near there. Do you want me to look for the RIS2.0 (English) that I saw there (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Does this offend anyone's sense of lego purity?

(...) Don't you just LOVE Electrosonic? You should have checked out Sayal Electronics while you were there. (S/E corner of the Victoria Park and Gordon Baker Rd.) The are also a good source for parts in the area. You could have just used a 7805 with (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The anti X pattern

(...) Looked at from another perspective, the posting of times gives builders an idea of what is possible (although I would also appreciate it if people would give an indication of overall accuracy in addition to times). This could be helpful to a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) Actually, I'm only ever satisfied with my robots when they beat you,...which turns out to be about 3-4 times a year. How often do we have these contests...oh yeah, about 3-4 times a year. Bruce Pretend, I'm not laughing at my own jokes! (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

"Bruce Sheridan" <bruce.sheridan@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:GqvxIE.1qx@lugnet.com... (...) Programming in assembler is amazing, I find it so remarkable that you're doing it this way! I think it's just... amazing. I wish I had your patience! I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) are they ever????? -- Chris Pretend this says something funny (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) I need to follow my own advice and get working. So far I've built a few versions which have not proven to be satisfactory. As for code, the script is easy but lego assembler has crappy documentation (can I say that?...oh well, you only live (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

"Bruce Sheridan" <bruce.sheridan@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:Gqvw27.KpK@lugnet.com... (...) *JUST FELL OFF CHAIR* (...) Bruce Sheridan = Chubs a Rier End :) (...) Thanks, Bruce :) (see, this is the kind of brothership you can't get with train.) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: r10 Project X -- Rules final

(...) I figured you might say something like that...My list of people that I must seriously devastate Chris Dave Iain And I don’t want any wimpy excuses like: I couldn’t find a serial port – Dave I thought we were measuring in hours, not seconds – (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact