 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *2804 (-20)
  Re: Congratulations to MonLUG for a very successful show

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GMr933.HAu@lugnet.com... (...) I echo Calum's coments completly. The weekend was great! The layout was so deatiled. No space was empty! Friday night was a bust, though. Calum and I checked (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Congratulations to MonLUG for a very successful show

Hi folks, I just wanted to post and thank MonLUG for welcoming us to their train show last weekend. It was a great success and their layout was nothing short of spectacular. Iain and I drove up up Friday afternoon and enjoyed being beat down by the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: some interesting Technic projects

(...) <snip> (...) You think that's funny - I did the math, and that's 18.75 seconds a plate. I think a Lego robot that could pick, handle and place a single 1x1 plate from a selection of 5 colours in 18.75 seconds would be a dream come true. 24 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  More pics from our latest train show

Hi all! In addition to Jude's pics, I've added 145 more pics from our 1st MonLUG train show held last weekend. (URL) and let us know what you think! Pierre MonLUG #1 (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

(...) Wow!!! You guys sure set the standard for running a great train show!! Those pics look fabulous. I also like the club meeting pictures. So I guess if (or when) rtlToronto does another train event, it should be called TOMLUG Train3 because all (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

(...) OK, left to right they are... Tim, Luc, Pierre, Iain, Martin, Me, Kevin, and Calum HTH, Jude (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

(...) Would you be able to provide us with a face-to-name reference for all the individuals who attended the event? (URL) recognize Calum, Iain, Martin, and Tim… but I'm unfamiliar with the others! Thanx, --==Richard==-- (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

I finally got them up... (URL) I put up some pics from the last MonLUG meeting... (URL) MonLUG (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

(...) Thanks. Yes, adding a wheel that runs on top of the rail to support the weight is what I'd like to do. The problem is keeping things compact enough that it can still negotiate the corners. Infact it might be possible to drop one pair of drive (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

(...) Nice! With regard to the drive wheels, can you somehow include a vertical wheel (free-wheeling) resting on top of the rails, to take most of the weight? ROSCO (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) Put in your orders now for blocks--I'll bring 'em to dinner on Friday. As well, I *hope* to have a preliminary 'bot set up by then. I'll also have the train video up on my site by tonite (URL) safe. Dave (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) When I was home a few weeks ago, my mom gave me a bunch of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons she had left over from an event she was running. I'd be happy to offer these as prizes. They just say 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and have "Canada" printed on (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto10 competition rules

(...) Hi Ivan, As everyone else said, welcome! About your colour concerns, I completely agree. I am going to use white 2x4 bricks for the walls on a grey baseplate, and black for the blocks. This is all i have access to. I don't even have enough (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i have a proto-robot......

(...) I am working on a simplified prototype. My dads idea was to tackle the problem with a single line of bins first, and then extend that to the square grid pattern. Seems like a a good way to start. So, I built a robot that can sort a line of 10 (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

Hi Derek, I indeed saw the pictures from rtlToronto Train2 and it inspired me to buy a whole bunch of blue and gray rails and try something similar. So it's nice to have some real detailed pictures of it! ;-) I'm gonna try to power the "track", so (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail

I know many people have already seen this Monorail from the rtlToronto Train2 pictures, but I've finally got around to taking some more detailed pictures of it. Its a monorail that uses blue 4.5v train track instead Lego's monorail track. Hence the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: i have a proto-robot......

(...) That's an excellent idea. I'll probably be using leJOS for this so I'll have to remember to print out the Java source and bring it to the contest. I hope others do as well. I'd love to see the software side of peoples solution along with the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) Derek (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) Oh! Oh! Pick me!!! Over here!!! Pick me!!! I'll have it up on my site by tonite. Dave (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  The TOMLUG Alliance

rtlToronto, ParLUGment and MonLUG are proud to announce the TOMLUG Alliance, the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal LEGO User Groups Alliance. We have agreed to not only accept the free flow of members between our groups but encourage members all our groups to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact