 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *2434 (-10)
  Re: Retail rant, was Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) Oh, I see, so my initial “let’s help the community” would be taken advantage of by the AFOL who see the hobby purely as profit. Then I apologize for responding to Chris in that manner. I guess he’s just more aware of the Lego-Dark Side… (...) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) Try the ad in the paper -- Wanted - LEGO bricks... It does work... Yes you have to haggle the price, yes you have to sort thru the bricks and throw out all the Tyco and Megabloks, but its quite nice what you *may* find... I have bricks dating (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.general)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) Well as others have said you don't want to give away all your secrets. :-) But for me, I find I buy most of my lego from Zellars. Doesn't really matter which one, I go to several. They all seem to have slightly different stock. The Bay Yonge (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.general)

  A note from Rob...

Rob sent me an email earlier because he couldn't post. I think this would be a great idea, what does everyone else think? --Calum |This message is for all of the robot builders out there. I have some |suggestions about the next competition. Rather (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Retail rant, was Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) Neither of these two items is particularily secret, yes. In fact, I'd be almost safe to say there are almost no cool Toronto Lego secrets anymore. Lego I suspect has changed it's business model from what I can tell to hold back most of the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) I don’t mind! Anyways, it’s not like the entire general public of the GTA will clean out the Lego inventory before I get to it. “the lurkers will buy all the sets right from under your nose.” This happens anyways. Conversely, I've cleaned out (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: Train3 Request

(...) Seeing as a train3 has not been even planned yet, I'm sure this isn't a problem to get into the module guidelines, but what I'm worried about is that some folks who have extensive module layout landscapes (ie, Jeff Elliott) as you say, would (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) OR, to quote the "eye-biting monkey" ...if you reveal your secret stash of stores then the lurkers will come and buy all the sets right from under your nose. :) :) :) Chris Visit my newly revamped walker page @ (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Young man, pick yourself off the ground...

(...) I'm pretty sure the lights are done after the fact in Photoshop. But it has an excellent lighting setup overall, it was obviously carefully planned. Calum (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: ..`My Monkeys Macabre Massacre`..

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GKCHt0.LBv@lugnet.com... (...) That's like the Metro :) (...) Ooooo, reminds me of "D'Iberville". Iain (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact