 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *1089 (-20)
  Train wheels for technic?

Does Lego make train wheels that can be connected to a technic axle? I'd like to build a train, but I don't have the motors. The technic motors are just screaming to be used in such an application, but it seems the only things missing are flanged (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: so ya wanna go DCC

(...) For what it's worth, you need to disrupt power to both rails since the DCC controller has the option of running the engine backwards. Leaving one side connected to the motor will only alow you to control speed. Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1

(...) Whoa, that's a little harsh. I can't speak of what you may have encountered in any of Larry's previous posts, but I thought the manner of his recent posts was enthusiastic and it sounded like he was genuinely trying to give some good (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pics (digital)

Hi Guys, As You mignt have heard rtlToronto had our first train event this past weekend The link that was mentioned previously is now out of date (do to my Brillant work of uploading the images before rotating/resizing them) so Here is the link to (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: so ya wanna go DCC

(...) Gee Chris, that MicroScout looks awfully familiar... :) VJR (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message news:GE2nHu.Hs1@lugnet.com... (...) non-helpful, (...) I'm going to jump in and back you, Ben. If there's one thing that I can't stand, it's when people talk in a negative or "holier than (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1

(...) I think there's a missing smiley here. :-) (...) Jealous??? Hardly! I'll be tres excited. Especially if you come up with a different way to do it than what WAMALUG used. Call me squeamish but I am not yet ready to perform surgery on my motors, (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1

(...) You are right that we should be completely acceptant to all visitors, including Larry, and heck, Larry might even "want" to help out.... if he ever decided to visit...or maybe just to check it out like other AFOL's.... I was just adding my (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1

It appears as though a few people are responding rather harshly to ++Lar. And I don’t understand why? Nothing negative was projected and he only wanted to provide insight with his comments. I appreciate any info that he wishes to contribute, because (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1

(...) Ohhh I can't wait for your pics...it will look good on my lugnet Lego Page... additional thoughts.... hmmm...... did you see rtlToronto "start-up"/main page...it has my silly face on it.. I was quite pleased to see it....and for some strange (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 1

(...) just to update...I got a new ISP www.vaxxine.com and I suppose a new e-mail account.... but I will continue to use excite.com as my primary E-bay business account, and hotmail account as my primary personal e-mail account. I got my fire set (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: We made Calum change

(...) people tend to ask what camera was used and it's nice to put that info online. I don't really care for all the extra info people put on album pages like resolution, file size, but camera type, and even exposure/lens settings are interesting. (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train 1 - re-posted

Hi guys, Well I made the images a little smaller, and rotated the ones that were sideways. I had to create a different directory on brickshelf since I did not feel like deleting all 40 images one at a time. Here is the new link (URL) VW (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  We made Calum change

HEY IAIN!!!! We did it. We made calum change his ways. All it took was some mockage. Check out the bottom of the RTLToronto page and read about what kind of camera was used to take pictures. (URL) all we have to do is work on the acronym thing. As (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pics (digital)

"Jeff Van Winden" <jvwinden@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GE249B.25F@lugnet.com... (...) I suspect my modem is bodgy, but did anyone else have trouble loading the pictures? Only about half of them came up for me - the rest came up as boxes (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pics (digital)

(...) Hi Larry, I'm glad that you like it, the plates are all attach, nothing loose. It took hours to do, especialy to have the slope in the curved rigth. plates are 1x1 and 1x2 only, grey, dark grey and black with about equal proportion. ligth grey (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pics (digital)

(...) In this one: (URL) had told me about the ballasted section. However for some reason I thought it was loose. Looks attached. Looks cool! How much time did this take to do, and did you use nothing but 1x1 plates or are there bigger plates in (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  The right balance of original and reuse (was Re: Track counts

(...) I think you're spot on. You have to find the right balance between doing what everyone else did whether it's right or wrong, and reinventing everything. What is great about LUGNET is that you have an opportunity to get advice and input from (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My pics (digital)

(...) Jeff's photos from rtlToronto/train1, the first Lego Train event in Toronto. It was organized by a bunch of us in rtlToronto, which has been traditionally one of the larger Technic/Mindstorms organizations. About ten people brought their Train (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  so ya wanna go DCC

OK, just cause I can, ***...*** W A R N I N G ***...*** link will take you to pic's of a train engine in little bits (URL) 6 pics labeled train.jpg to train6.jpg show the various bits and parts that live in a lego train engine Calum was going on so (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact