 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1070
1069  |  1071
Subject:
so ya wanna go DCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 19:00:02 GMT

OK, just cause I can,

************************************

W A  R N I N G

*************************************

link will take you to pic's of a train engine in little bits

http://www.members.home.net/magno42/temp/train_vll/

the 6 pics labeled train.jpg  to train6.jpg  show the various bits and
parts that live in a lego train engine

Calum was going on so much about converting to DCC, I'd thought I'd see
what would be involved.  So I took apart my train engine, and THAT'S the
first hurdle.   it is a bugger to get apart. especial if you like your
lego to look pristine.

the shots are straight forward, you can see how compact everything is.
and someone else can figure out how to disrupt power from one rail and
pass it through a DCC chip to the motor.

PS  all other photos in the directory of cool track are for taunting
purposes ONLY!!!!

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm