 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 270
Re: LEGO Studios for $44.99 at Futureshop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 02:05:12 GMT

Kevin Dixon wrote:

Hi all,

Just received a letter from futureshop:

"We recently had a pricing error for the Lego Studios on our website
www.futureshop.ca.  This item should have been advertised on our website
at
$257.99 but was published in error at $44.99."
"This error has been corrected on our site.  As a one-time exception and
in
the interest of customer service, rather than canceling your order(s),
we
are honouring orders placed for one Lego Studios per order, household,
business or person, totaling one."

Wow!  So at least I'm still getting one at $44.99.  Sorry I won't have
an extra one now to sell.

Hope everyone got an order in while they could...

Kevin
--
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Kevin Dixon writes:
Have you guys seen this future shop deal?

$44.99 +shipping&tax for 1349 Lego Studios Spielburg Movie Maker Set.  I
ordered 2 since shipping was cheaper that way, and I figured I could
sell one fairly easily.  I'm sure one of you guys could take one off my
hands for me if necessary :)

Right now its allowing orders but it says it is "out of stock will ship
when available", so who knows how long the deal will last.

An amazing deal for an originally US ~200 set!

Unfortunately for USians:

Q. Does futureshop.ca offer International shipping?
A. We will deliver ANYWHERE in Canada. Orders being sent to PO boxes and
rural route address must include a physical street address, highway number
and/or 911 number. We are currently unable to accept or ship orders outside
of Canada.

So, anyone in CA willing to get this for me? I'd offer cash, or trade some
garage doors for it, perhaps? If interested, contact me offline, thanks

FUT market.buy-sell-trade

I got the same email. I feel bad for those I had ordered sets for, but since I'd
already ordered a couple for myself, I'm going to keep the single one I get.
That is, when I get it. It's still estimated to be 3 or 4 weeks before they get
them. For those of you interested, here's the email in text form:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/heidi.strutt/futureshop_lego_studios.txt
Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)
ParLUGment #2