 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 346
345  |  347
Subject:
Pneumatic Parts! (was Re: Split of 5218 (was Re: Lego US S@H))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:22:24 GMT

Well, just like my beloved <set:5235>, the various pneumatic parts (5099,
5107, 5108, 5109, 5116, 5117) are no longer available.  In addition, the
air tank has never - AFAIK - been available separately.  Until now... :-)

Unless someone else steps up to the plate (and please, someone feel free
to do so) I plan to offer the pneumatic parts within my BrickBay store.
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=SRC  I want the black Technic beams
that <set:5218> contains, but don't have much use for the pneumatics…

Judging by the e-mails I've received and a recent eBay auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=484634382 there
seems to be a demand for pneumatic parts.  My question now is:  How much
should each part be priced at?  Please reply (post or e-mail) with how
much you think each piece should cost.  I would especially like to hear
from those who say: "I will buy X quantity of Y piece for Z or less."
These responses will get first dibs on the parts of course - the highest
"bidder" will get the password to my shop first.  After he's bought what
he wants (or a reasonable time frame has passed) the next highest "bidder"
will be let in, and so on.  I won't consider your bids as a commitment
to buy, but I will ask you to be reasonable and honorable.

Please feel free to modify the following chart as you see fit.  I have put
the prices in as starting points for feedback only, based on the ($28 + S&H)
cost of 5218 and the catalog prices from when the parts were available from
S@H…  (I'm not even sure if these part descriptions are correct or complete.)

Pneumatic air storage tank:    $9
Pneumatic 5 cm pump:          $3
Pneumatic 3 cm cylinder:      $4