 Local / Australia / 3230
Re: Aussie roll call 2000.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:52:22 GMT

And give the spammers a single point of call 8?(

But seriously, you can get my current info at
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=469

Regards,

ROSCO

Benjamin Whytcross <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> wrote in message
With all the new members coming out of the woodwork recently, I thought we
should all do a roll-call to let all the new members know more about the
people behind the names they see here, and to let us know a little more • about
their collecting habits/intrests.

So, I'll set the ball rolling...

Name: Benjamin Whytcross
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
Location: Melbourne
E-mail Address: bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au [work],
b_whytcross@hotmail.com [home]
LEGO/home page URL(s): In the process of putting some on lugnet.
Marital Status: Engaged
Children: none
Occupation: Computer Programmer
On Lugnet Since: It began, or close to [lurking]
On RTL/ATL Since: 1995 [lurking]
Lugnet member number [optional]: 407

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 400-600 [unsure, but not enough]
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 50ish [generally for sale]
# of LEGO Pieces: approx 50,000 [ish] and slowly increasing.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: In Aus...You've got to be joking.
# of LEGO fests attended: 2 [LegOz 2000.4, LegOz 2000.7]

First LEGO Set: 536 [Anyone have a door for this, as mine is broken :( ]

LEGO Dark Age: Never really had one yet...

First Set after Dark Age: See above

Favorite Theme(s): Almost all with minifigs, and most of the older ones,
too.

Favorite Set(s): 536, 6452, 4551, probably anything covered in Favorite
Theme(s).

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Possibly 'Sam Grant', as he makes a good
Australian soldier [Africa, WW2.]

Set/theme you would like to see:
"models of yester-year" bringing the past selection of Lego to current
collectors. This theme could run with identical models to the past range,
but with different set numbers, and some colour variation on rarer parts.

Current LEGO Project: A small lego database...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Getting RRP's before any sets for the year
released, and a strange knack for finding new catalogues in Aus first :)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Collecting pre-decimal Aus stamps, Playing
Computer games, reading.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory...Growing up isn't :-)