 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *399 (-20)
  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I hope so too...here is the link, the photos are a bit cruddy-I might try again, but it is kind of hard to get the entire train in a single frame. (URL) Geocities is frustrating the heck out of me!) James (24 years ago, 24-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Unless some other Zellers has a better stock of these, it's not going to happen. Sherwood Park Zellers had 1 bucket left, as opposed to the 2 shelves + pallet in the aisle that was there a few weeks ago. For the archives, the set is 4285, has (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Heh. I'm the kind of guy with enough integrity to stand behind my paranoia. I'll quite happily go out to St. Paul and pick up the tables. Hop, skip & a jump, really. :) (...) I'll take a look at which bucket it is tonight, and post a piece (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I'll confirm that the tables are sturdy and solid, but if there's enough room, I suppose it couldn't hurt to bring the tables along. I'd just rather not put hassle on Michel and especially his father for no reason other than "they might be (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Gray

(...) I have been having trouble with my Financier address. Please switch it to either my LEGO or Amicus address. Thanks Chris. SRC (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Just as a note, we can only rely on two people all weekend to keep an eye on this layout, and interact with the people outside. If the layout is much bigger than our GETS show was, you and I aren't going to be able to keep an eye on (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) <snip list of stuff> (...) Call me paranoid, but I'd like to have the tables available, even if we do decide to go with the rented tables - Anyone remember what the tables were like at the food vendors for GETS? I wouldn't want to trust my (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) I have a bunch of track that can be borrowed (sniff - all my brand new track!). Nowhere near as much as Michel, but its already in the city. I've got essentially 4 ovals and 2 of the big track expansion packs. Unfortunately, I don't have (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Gray

(...) It became unreachable around Dec 1, and came back around Dec 15. (...) Curious. I'm seeing email failures to Dylan's "finalfrontier" email account, but nothing else. You are in the list as "SteveC@Financier.com". Nothing has changed with the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  VIA train

Well, I now have a (somewhat) FP7 built. I also did up a beaver tail coach, and have 3 coaches, and a steam heat van. A little Yellow Electrical tape, and it will all look nice. Photos will probably be tomorrow afternoon, comments will be invited. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Given the size and weight and hassle of the tables, my plan was to follow the KISS rule and just use rented tables from Calgary. An extension of that is that your grain tower would be a static model only. Plastic tablecloths - if you can pick (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

Steve, I need to know what you want me to bring to Edmonton for the Calgary show. So far I will bring the 1. Plastic tablecloths for skirting, but not the stappler or pliers. 2. Two transformers, with wall adapters, to be speed limited with the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Get-together January 13, 2001?

(...) AFAIK this one (URL) the latest and greatest, but I think Michel wanted to fix-up that "snake-loop" in the bottom left. In any case, that's the layout for the next Edmonton show with only Michel's (and James) tables. For SuperTrain2001 I'm (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Is that a yes? :-) (That small a transformer shouldn't "hum") (...) Good advice - I will make sure to use the best method, keeping in mind that safety (for the short LEGOmaniacs) is the most important factor. SRC (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Gray

(...) I haven't received anything via "NALug mail" since late November though... SRC (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Count me in. Building something as a group should be ... um ... an interesting experience. Does anyone remember if we had decided on a layout? -- John (remove the obvious to reply) James Brown wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Get-together January 13, 2001?

(...) Sounds good to me. The traditional BP is close by, but there are lots of other alternatives around here, too. My project for after Christmas is more like that latest layout I did, but that doesn't prevent me from filling up some other room (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Gray

(...) Seems to be working. I got an email copy of Steve's note. Didn't you guys all get my test email from last week, or this weekend, or whenever? :-) (...) Oh, by the way, I've put up my latest bedroom track layout in the dumb nalug page at: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Get-together January 13, 2001?

Well, how about it? Chris and I were talking about getting together to make a mountain some weekend in January, and Michel said he's only got the 13th/14th that he'll be in town, so how about it? I'd like to do an afternoon of building/discussion (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Gray

(...) I think "nalug@graysage.com" is our functional mailing alias, but I can't remember if I've seen anything from it recently. Can't check until I get home, either. :/ (...) I had to drill down to it, but graysage.com is up and running. (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact