 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 397
Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:16:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
Call me paranoid, but I'd like to have the tables available, even if we do
decide to go with the rented tables - Anyone remember what the tables were
like at the food vendors for GETS?  I wouldn't want to trust my layout to
that quality of shaky thing.

I'll confirm that the tables are sturdy and solid, but if there's
enough room, I suppose it couldn't hurt to bring the tables along.
I'd just rather not put hassle on Michel and especially his father
for no reason other than "they might be like at GETS".

Heh.  I'm the kind of guy with enough integrity to stand behind my paranoia.
I'll quite happily go out to St. Paul and pick up the tables.  Hop, skip & a
jump, really.  :)

I recycled all my pails a few months ago.  But Zellers has the little
red pails for 10 bucks or something like that - not a bad value, and
I doubt raw materials for any other kind of base would be cheaper.
Maybe people can split half&half on several buckets, and keep the
bricks, while NALUG gets the bucket.  The little red ones strick me
as the perfect size, 'cause they're shorter and easier to store.

An excellent idea.  Assuming the rest of the gang agrees, grab a dozen
buckets and we'll each buy the contents of two of them.  Sound fair?

I'll take a look at which bucket it is tonight, and post a piece count, and
rough estimate of contents.  Some folks might not want them, but I still
think it's worth it.  Heck, I might get all twelve... ;)

James