 Organizations / Australia / 290
Re: When rare pieces become common!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:31:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Jane McDermott writes:
I'd believe that.  I've never had someone who radiates "complete pro" from
their auctions so clearly!

Thanks Jane! Mark Wilburn pointed me at this thread since I don't normally read
the local groups apart from Canadian ones (life's too short to read ALL of
Lugnet!)

I try to aim at an average lot price on eBay of $10-$15 US, in order to make it
economic considering the listing fee plus the final value fee. On tiny lots the
overhead of fees and my processing time would make it impossible for me to do
what I do, as I'm sure everyone can understand.

There is another side to selling lots which contain a large number of a piece
which is normally only needed in small numbers: those unusual people who *do*
need a lot of them (eg lots of silver grilles) can get them without having to
buy a dozen small lots from a dozen different people.

For buying small numbers of a specific pieces I do recommend the many part sale
sites like Brickbay, or Scott Sanburns site. You'll get a better price there
than on eBay too. I gues the drawback is that so many won't ship out of the US.
If I only shipped within Canada I'd have a pretty small number of buyers!

Kevin