 Organizations / Australia / 186
Re: When rare pieces become common!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:42:37 GMT

guy on eBay' though, since he's a fairly active on Lugnet! Anyway, I know • what
Truly?  Which boards?  I'm not surprised - he appears to really know his
stuff.

I'm sort of new to this, so I'm not 100% sure what you mean by which boards:
as in, sections like Reviews, Marketplace, etc? If so, more than I can think
of off the top of my head. However: reviews, marketplace: he eBay's a lot, and
he even has a business website (you can buy sets from him, I think).

He should know his stuff: he's also a member of the Guild of BrickSmiths, and
also part of the VLC, and probably other groups I'm unaware of... just type
in 'Kevin Wilson' in Lugnet's search and you'll see; he pops up just about
everywhere.

I've often thought about doing the kinds of things you suggested, as I can
understand why he does it they way he does, but you know how it is - not
enough hours in the day.  I really hope to get something of his someday, just
out of support for someone with such an exemplary approach to international
trading, let alone the great quality Lego items!
I myself have done all those things regarding auctions; the least success I've
had is with buying more than I need and trying to resell it (never get around
to it, cause it's not worth anyone's bother bidding on only one thing of mine
so I'd have to wait till I have several lots ready to sell.) And the trading
thing works great as long as you trade with people with good eBay ratings
(which I have so far).

Mark.

Oh, completely off-topic; but is that 'Neighbors' TV show still running in Oz?
I'm just curious because I'm wondering if any recent pop stars came from that
show as well, a la Kylie Minogue (and I believe, Jason Donovan).