 Organizations / Australia / 1139
Re: Close Encounters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:07:43 GMT

Does Club 2390 or a variant appeal to anyone else?

Personally I didn't see the problem with STUDS as a name. I can see that in
a general context, it might be construed as being an all-male group who
think they are God's Gift To Women. However, in the context of Lego, is
there really a problem? Do we really envisage flyers saying "Come along and
be a STUD" without ever mentioning the Lego word?

I'd have no problem joining STUDS (if I lived in Sydney). Indeed, I would
think it a great joke to proclaim myself to be a STUD.

Of course, never having been to a STUDS meeting, it may well be that it is
an all-male group who think they are God's Gift To Women and Lego
enthusiasts ...

Kerry