 Organizations / Australia / 1091
Re: Close Encounters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 13:17:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
Parramatta TRU -

Hey thats where I frequent too! Though usually its just walk in, greet the
giant lego guy carrying his suitcase, check the shelves, not impressed by much,
walk out, and get suspicious looks from the staff who wonder I was so quick.

I get the same at target Box Hill :)

It's not everyday that while staring at the Lego shelves and sizing up the
stock that three adults appear in front of you and grab three 6093's and a
6091. We know this type of behaviour too well.

Haven't had that happen yet. I almost wanted to befreind a Lego staff guy,
restocking the shelves, but then realised he'd have nothing of interest to tell
me.

You could be surprised...then again, LA aren't doing themselves many favours
at the moment.

They all knew about Lugnet and sang it's praises.

Wonderful! GO on De-lurk, you know you can do it! Just sign in, and type away!!

I had to clarify that the STUDS group is open to members of either sex.
No it's not a group of Scoutmasters or Barflys.
Maybe we have to think about that STUDS moniker. Any name that's a bit
offputting is not good for business, unless you hope for membership to remain
static (as pw scratches around in the yard and digs up an old bone).

STUDS was a good name, it's a fun name, though as you say it may not be all too
practical. Perhaps its time to switch over to a LegOz name, and just be
something boring like the Sydney division, or something dull like that.

But then whilst STUDS doesn't really imply anything about a group of lego fans
(and it could even mean other things if intrepreted that way), the term "LegOz"
is perhaps in the same boat. I don't think I've actually made any point in this
paragraph.

Perhaps its something I'll nut over, scratch my head a bit, and try to come up
with something after my exams.

Followups to org.au as it could be a organisational matter.

Agreed...LegOz is a "fun name" rather than something that is actually
meaningful...though we DO need something easy to remember, and LegOz does
fit the bill in that respect.

I don't really know what name would be a good one, but I'm sure between us
[lurkers and de-lurked] we can come up with something that describes us and
is easy to remember...and that is easy to assign sub-goups to.
[Sydney/Melbourne/Vic/Tassie/whatever division is easy to remember, but
something a little more "catchy" would be better.]

So...any lurkers out there now is the time to de-lurk and have your say on
what we should call ourselves.

Benjamin Whytcross

bwhytro@pacificaccess.com.au

Cheers
Santosh

So hi to Stuart, Jo and Jason (and their patient partners), keep in contact
and feel free to attend any Sydney get-togethers advertised here.
Any other Sydney-based lurkers out there feel free to contact us, if there
are Lego bargains to be had, we usually know about them. Need certain parts
or want to get rid of your own surplus, let us know.

pete white <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>