 Organizations / Australia / 1104
Re: Close Encounters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 03:42:14 GMT

Hi there, this is my first posting so forgive me if it isn't done correctly.

Agreed...LegOz is a "fun name" rather than something that is actually
meaningful...though we DO need something easy to remember, and LegOz does
fit the bill in that respect.

I don't really know what name would be a good one, but I'm sure between us
[lurkers and de-lurked] we can come up with something that describes us and
is easy to remember...and that is easy to assign sub-goups to.
[Sydney/Melbourne/Vic/Tassie/whatever division is easy to remember, but
something a little more "catchy" would be better.]

So...any lurkers out there now is the time to de-lurk and have your say on
what we should call ourselves.

Do you remember calculator riddles at primary school? ie "If my dentist bill
is 5,317,707 dollars, what have I been eating?"  (Turns calculator upside
-down to a crowd of amazed eight-year olds.) "LOLLIES"!!!

Well I've been thinking along the lines of a down-under logo, which could
read 20637 inside an upside-down Australian map or sumpthin'.  Now turn the
map up the right way.  Get it?  LEGOZ!!!

I know that the number doesn't mean anything (yet) but by not using any of
the actual letters of the registered trade mark of LEGO one could possibly
get away with using a similar colour scheme and/or font.

Variations on the theme include 20.637 to separate the LEG from the OZ,
2.0637 to space the LEGO from the Z, or just plain .20637 .

Anyway just an idea, feel free to tell me if you like it or just shoot me down.

JEREMY D

P.S. Have I just "de-lurked"?