 Organizations / Australia / 1105
Re: Close Encounters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 06:29:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Jeremy Dullard writes:
Hi there, this is my first posting so forgive me if it isn't done correctly.

...and you've de-lurked with style!! Hi Jeremy! Where in the wide brown
brick are you posting from? Want to have a go at the "fun facts about me" form?

Agreed...LegOz is a "fun name" rather than something that is actually
meaningful...though we DO need something easy to remember, and LegOz does
fit the bill in that respect.

Do you remember calculator riddles at primary school? ie "If my dentist bill
is 5,317,707 dollars, what have I been eating?"  (Turns calculator upside
-down to a crowd of amazed eight-year olds.) "LOLLIES"!!!

Well I've been thinking along the lines of a down-under logo, which could
read 20637 inside an upside-down Australian map or sumpthin'.  Now turn the
map up the right way.  Get it?  LEGOZ!!!

I know that the number doesn't mean anything (yet) but by not using any of
the actual letters of the registered trade mark of LEGO one could possibly
get away with using a similar colour scheme and/or font.

Variations on the theme include 20.637 to separate the LEG from the OZ,
2.0637 to space the LEGO from the Z, or just plain .20637 .

Anyway just an idea, feel free to tell me if you like it or just shoot me >down.

In a frantic frenzy of futile factorisation I found:

20637 = 3.3.2293
73602 = 2.9.47.29
0637  = 7.7.13 and
7360 =  320.23

Pretty doubtful as to how useful any of these are though.

I'm a tad partial to 7360 myself: or maybe Club 2390 (= a very dull
2.5.239), which if you squint at it/scribble it just right could pass for L3g0.

Perhaps it's all a bit Pythagorean for the mug punter -- maybe not. The
Clone Building Dark Siders will kindly notice that our number system has no
good way of approximating an "M", an "A" or a "K". Coincidence? I think not...

--DaveL (acting out an acute attack of alliterative anxiety)