 Organizations / 171
Re: Can we have a Newsgroup for KIDLUG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:04:29 GMT

In lugnet.org, Aaron Bergman writes:
I must admit I'm still confused.  I don't understand where the kids
will hold their user group meetings.

We wouldn't have meetings, to make this easy for Kids, but aside from
KIDLUG, we may host a general LUG convention, but that really is in the
works. Sorry about the confusion, perhaps when KIDLUG is finished it will
be easier to interpret. The reason why we don't have such a complicated
system, is so that we can bring young Lego Maniacs into the newsgroups,
and they participate.

All right, I'm still confused.  Just read the "information package" of
files that you put up today at...

   http://www.kidlug.org/files/html/

...and it answers a lot of questions (things like age groups, general
purpose, etc.), but I'm still having trouble understanding what it's about.

If you don't have user group meetings, then how is it a user group?

If you already have KIDLUG web-message-boards (via coolboard.com), why would
you want a KIDLUG newsgroup on LUGNET?

It sounds more to me like your goal is to start an online community with the
target market being kid-aged fans of LEGO rather than a LEGO user group for
kids.

--Todd