 Organizations / 126
Re: Can we have a Newsgroup for KIDLUG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 22:54:43 GMT

In lugnet.org, Aaron Bergman writes:
Well, frankly, I still haven't a clear idea of what KIDLUG is supposed to
be or do.

What city is it?  Who is it for?  What population segment does it address?
What is its mission statement?  How does it differ from the clubs that TLC
will be setting up for kids?  Etc., etc....

Perhaps you can point me to a charter or manifesto?  That would help shed
light on where a group for it would go or whether a group even ought to be
set up or not.

Okay. Kidlug is designed for younger kids who are active in the LUG's.

Younger kids who are active in which LUGs?

We want to give them a LUG of their own which they can relate to, and has
simpler activities.

Activities such as?

To keep things simple, the only important document it
has I guess would be the legal notice,

I seem to be unable to find this page...could you give its URL?

but some articles and links are more advanced for an older age range.

Older age range meaning what?  10+?  10-12?  12-14?  14-16?

If you look at our News Areas sction, you
will see it's based for mostly all of the US, but we will not hesitate to
include international portions in more general areas.

I must admit I'm still confused.  I don't understand where the kids will hold
their user group meetings.

If I haven't answered
anything, please let me know, but do relise that some of what your asking
for we do not have, for the reasons I stated before.

OK, could you be more specific about which things it does not have?  Perhaps
that would shed light on it.

P.S. If you could be a little more spcific in what I need to do for your
area on the links page that would be great.

OK, I'll try to be as specific as possible.  On this page:

   http://www.kidlug.org/links.html

Delete this:

   User's Group Network,

and replace it with this:

   Users Group Network,

Probably, it would be best to cut & paste the replacement text rather than
trying to retype it, because the changes are rather subtle (10 total character
changes).

Also understand that under our main
page banner rotation, the alt attribute is standerd, so that explains why
you may see some difference on the main page.

Hmm, well, if you aren't able to affect the ALT attibute directly in that
case, then the only remedy is to remove the LUGNET button image from the
rotation sequence altogether so that the page stops displaying the ALT text
as "Click Here for more information" for the LUGNET button.

--Todd