 Off-Topic / Geek / 5219
Re: Taking shortcuts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 01:54:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, James Trobaugh wrote:

   Rocks! Wow you must have been one of the rich kids that I heard about when growing up. We would have killed to have rocks for doing our computations. Our parents would hit us with a switch and use our backsides for doing their fancy adding and such, if they made a mistake they had to wait for our skin to heal so they could start over...tax season really sucked

You were lucky! We didn’t even have skin! All we had was twine to try and keep our entrails in! And they would leak out all over, and parents would beat us to death each night for mussing up the floor!

JOHN