 Off-Topic / Geek / 5217
Re: Taking shortcuts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 00:29:25 GMT

Oh, we're playing "first PC", eh? My first PC had *no* floppies, just a
cassette, until I added a floppy at horrendous expense. 80K capacity each...
Foolishly, I bought 2. For the longest time, whatever year it was, a pretty good
PC seemed to always cost 3000 USD... I think that's going down, at last.

My third computer had two floppy disk drives holding 113.75KB of data each. This
was in 1979. Each drive cost $600.