 Off-Topic / Geek / 4786
Re: On the recursive subdivision of two-dimensional food items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:46:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Todd Lehman wrote: snip

Let e (epsilon) be the smallest bite size you are willing to eat, and consider the following pseudocode:

    Procedure Savor (Piece A)
        If the size of A is less than 2e
            Eat A.
        Else
            Subdivide A into two equal portions B and C.
            Hide B from yourself (the edge of the plate is fine).
            Savor C.
            Savor B.
        End If
    End Procedure

And what makes this even more impressive is that earlier in the evening, Todd gave every impression of a man so tired he couldn’t hit the ground two tries out of three (although I know a LEGO-on-my-mind powernap can do wonders).

:) Kelly