 Off-Topic / Geek / 4391
Re: geek test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:04:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller wrote:
Bruce Hietbrink <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote:
http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html

56.6075% - Extreme Geek. But I have some complaints. First, it seems to be a
lot a *nerd* test, not a geek test. And I lost some points for things like
"turn on my computer first thing in the morning", which only shows that the
*author* of the test is not geeky enough. (Why would the computer be off?
And if it were, why wouldn't it turn itself on?)

Hello,

35.7% for me.
I seems highly weighted for gaming either computer or other.

I did fudge a bit on some things that I 'used' to do but don't now.  I was
honest though on some I thought I might know the answer to, but was not 100%
sure.  I did take a high percentage of the 'bone' too.. like stuff knocking bill
gates or MS.

I chose to respond on this thread since you mentioned the computer being off.
All four of my currently working machines are on all the time running seti.
That and the 19,000 completed work units has to count for something :-)

Kind of entertaining at least.

Ken